From the Blog Archives Blog 11 - Taking time out 12/09

Tuesday 2 February 2010  at 09:47


Blog 11

Taking time out

Well, another successful week has past us.

Personally I have got through and sorted out more in the last week than I have all of November!

The blog is going to be slightly different up until 2010. It will be more like a travelling diary, but will also include updates, special offers and inspirational quotes.

As I write this blog entry I am sat on the airport floor in Hong Kong International airport, awaiting a transit flight to my 2nd home – Auckland City.

Its taken 12 hours of flying so far, and another stint is on its way, but this holiday has been a long time coming!

I am taking a holiday at the busiest most hectic time on my working calendar…sounds like a crazy idea!!

However I cannot express enough how keeping a healthy balance of work and rest effects productivity.

I haven’t really stopped since coming back from New Zealand in January, and as most of you know it has been a rollercoaster ride for me this year, many downs but also many highs.

All that time in the air gives a man plenty of opportunity for reflection.

I started 2009 in New Zealand, and im more or less finishing in there too. It’s like a crazy sandwich of events.

It’s quite nice to go somewhere where I can relax, catch up with family and friends, and do a bit of work on my laptop.

Planning is essential – Fail to plan = Plan to fail.

Last time I was in this very airport, I had one of the most nerve-racking experiences of my life, strictly down to failing to plan ahead!

I was stranded in Hong Kong Airport and my bank card wouldn’t work! I was coming home as a surprise for my Mum on her 50th Birthday, and the whole thing was in jeopardy! Luckily however, the strange looking unofficial taxi driver I trusted to take me to my hostel via the bank, didn’t try to sell one of my kidneys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment