Day 6 - After the event!

Sunday 26 September 2010  at 20:43
Well,

The world ju jitsu champs are over for 2010 and i would be lying if i said that it was as good as i thought it would be.

The organisation of the event was a bit of a let down, there was a venue change, and problems with some logistics but once the comp got momentum it lifted spirits.

I ended up taking a bronze medal home with me, I fought my way and enjoyed myself, it was a great test and a learning experience, and il be back in 2 years to take gold medals.

I had a minor break in my little finger on day 1 of the grappling event, and it put me back a bit going into day 2, the sport ju jitsu event.

However thanks to our physio support i customized my gloves to ensure the finger wouldnt get pulled about. I had my finger taped to the other one and i had to change my fighting style and bring my right leg forward as my lead leg.

My fights were close and i gave some good shots, and took a couple too, I unfortunately got disqualified from the mens individual semi final for 3 warnings....1 excessive contact, 1 illegal target area (punch to the nuts on the floor...oops) and 1 illegal move (a kick whilst lying on my back)

we took a bronze in the team event.

Overall it was a great experience i have learned alot and being my first ever competition event i feel like i have done myself proud. Ive met some great people and had alot of laughs.

I'll be back next time stronger, faster and more experienced, I need to remind myself i have only been doing ju jitsu for a short time...i

The goal has been set...

Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment