Las Vegas part 1

Sunday 19 September 2010  at 20:22
Well,
Its Sunday night and im all packed ready to depart to Las Vegas in the morning.

I will be heading over there with the England Sport Ju Jitsu squad to compete in the World Sport Ju Jitsu Championships.

We will be staying at the Flamingo hotel on the main strip and over the next 8 days i will be blogging about my experiences.

I have been training very hard and been very focused for the last 3/4 months. Going through 2 phases of periodisation in that time, to get myself to 75kg and fighting fit.

The Championships invite countries from all over the world, to compete in the individual, team and grappling events over 4 days of competition.

The bouts are best of 3, 2 minute rounds, and you win by submitting your opponent or scoring more clean strikes whilst standing or on the ground.

I am feeling very excited and feel completely ready to give it my all.
I am really looking forward to seeing what i am capable of.

Stay tuned, I'll keep you all updated!

Goodbye for now!

Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment